Thursday 20 December 2012

It's been a funny old year

Self Portrait 52/52 Year Three




















Today I said goodbye to colleagues and goodbye to the school I've taught at for the past twenty nine years in Wakefield. I've taken early retirement even earlier than I had originally planned to due to health problems this year. Only seven months earlier mind you.

Last March I think I metaphorically burnt out, came to an emergency stop, hit a wall and was forced to take time out. I did, and I never returned. I'm still smouldering now, but I'm hoping a positive fire will build over the next few months as I get back to full time creativity with my photography and artwork. I'll speak of that another time.


Talking of burning out, I'm hoping you'll all be around to read this after 21 - 12!


I've had the past nine months to get to terms with being at home and organising my own time. I like it. I don't miss the constant time considerations when teaching, I won't miss knowing where every holiday will be in the year and exactly what lesson I'll be teaching each and every day twelve months ahead.


I'm looking forward to more long weekends away with my lovely wife Jan, and have already booked a holiday out of school holiday time, now there's a price revelation!


I've really enjoyed having the time to shop locally and spend time preparing meals. I've enjoyed getting my garden in order and spending as much time out of doors as possible, either with a camera or a spade!


I'd like to to thank all those friends who have been so supportive over the last year and I look forward to more trips out, more photography and more ale!


Now available for coffee mornings and weekday creativity ... anyone?




"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."


Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta




about.me/johnfotohouse

johnfotohouse.com




No comments:

Post a Comment